2020 Summer Reading Club
Try one of these tongue twisters! Or find one of your own!
- A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk but the stump thunk the skunk stunk.
- Betty Botter bought a bit of butter. “But,” she said, “this bit of butter’s bitter, But a bit of better butter mixed with this butter might just make my bit of bitter butter better.” So, Betty bought a bit of better butter to make her bitter butter better.
- Chester cheetah chews a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese If the chunk of cheese chunked Chester cheetah, What would Chester cheetah chew and chunk on?
- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
- I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines.
- I thought a thought, But the thought I thought wasn’t the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn’t have thought so much.
- If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
- If one doctor doctors another doctor, Then which doctor is doctoring the doctored doctor? Does the doctor who doctors the doctor, doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors? Or does he doctor the doctor the way the doctor who doctors doctors?
- Luke Luck likes lakes. Luke’s duck likes lakes. Luke Luck licks lakes. Luke’s duck licks lakes. Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes. Luke Luck takes licks in lakes duck likes.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked; If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; Where’s the peck of pickled peppers that Peter Piper picked?
- She sells sea shells by the seashore And the shells she sells by the seashore are sea shells for sure.
- Six slippery snails, slid slowly seaward.
- Spread it thick, say it quick! Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread, Spread it thicker, say it quicker! Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread. Don’t eat until you are spreading it like a spread!
- Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?